locked Re: UDP Error

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 30/05/2021 12:10 pm, KE7AZ wrote:
2.50.1 does not run.  It crashes right after the "loading data" window closes.

The email that I tried to send was for 2.16.17.  It runs with the UDP error.  However when I used the support link I got this email.

"Sorry, JTAlert support is currently only available by posting a message to the support forum at https://hamapps.groups.io/

This is an automated message, do not reply."

Logan

OK.

I went onto the server and was able to recover your support request files before the daily file cleanup removed them.

I note several issues.
  1. You have WSJT-X set to run with elevated privileges (Run as administrator). There is never any need to do this and is likely one of the causes of the UDP error.

2. You have the UDP Server port set in WSJT-X to 7825. This is an unusual number, It looks like one of the HRD port numbers. Are you running HRD? If not, that port may be getting used by some other app on your PC. I suggest changing it back to the default 2237.

3. I note that none (zero) of the several files that get created by the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process are present, indicating that this process was never run. It is automatically launched by JTAlert. It would appear that what ever is the cause of the JTAlert shutdown is occurring before it has been able to launch the Manager process.

4. Since JTAlert is closing without presenting an error window it is unlikely an internal code error is the cause of the JTAlert shutdown. Most likely your PC protection software is interfering, especially if there is a privileges mismatch between JTAlert and WSJT-X. What protection software do you use?

5.  I note JTAlert is installed under D:\Program Files (x86)\. That is not normally a problem as JTAlert is coded to work under the Windows protected "Program Files..." directory trees, but given the privileges problems, perhaps your Protection software is also disliking this install location. Try installing JTAlert in a dedicated directory out side of the protected directories.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.