locked Re: UDP Error

Michael Black

One thing that apparently happened was Dave had the 32-bit .Net installation and the 64-bit JTAlert which said that the 32-bit .Net was OK.

Laurie -- you might want to check that the correct 32/64 is being checked.

Also had some bad entries in Log4OM that was swallowing the UDP data.

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, May 28, 2021, 07:29:25 PM CDT, David Marcelli via groups.io <dgmarcelli@...> wrote:

Hi Laurie,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  I made all of the changes you suggested and still had a few issues.  Much to my surprise, I got an email from Mike, W9MDB.  Mike took the time to give me a call and tweak a few things that got me up and running again.  

That unsolicited gesture of kindness is what amateur radio is all about.  I also admire your passion for the hobby and your dedication to keeping it going strong.  Thanks again. 

Dave
N4CQ

-----Original Message-----
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Sent: Fri, May 28, 2021 6:21 pm
Subject: Re: [HamApps] UDP Error

On 29/05/2021 8:06 am, KE7AZ wrote:
A previous version looked good for a while but didn't stand the test of time. Now, no version of JTAlert will run on my system.  Yet a month ago, everything was fine.  I added no new apps, just Win 10 updates. I've tried everything I could find including system checks with DSIM and SCANNOW.  Only thing left to do is a clean reinstall of Win 10 but I won't be doing that any time soon, too many applications to reload. What a mess!

Ignoring the UDP error message, leave JTAlert running for at least 3 minutes then use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.