From: Jim N6VH <N6VH@...>
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Sent: Fri, May 28, 2021 3:46 pm
Subject: Re: [HamApps] JTA 250.1 Error Downloading

On 5/28/2021 10:23 AM, David Marcelli via groups.io wrote:

I get the error messages in JTA on the attached JPEG (sorry for hard to read file).  I have tried multiple times to download with no success. I have seen similar, but not identical problems in the message center.

I also get  the following error message from WSJT, not sure if it related to the JTA issue. (I am working on it)

Unable to communicate with the WSJT-X process.
  UDP Port : 2233
  IP Address : 127.0.0.1
  Values read from WSJT-X config file...
    C:\Users\Dave N4CQ\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini

WSJT-X Detected Instance...
  Process Window Title : WSJT-X   v2.2.1   by K1JT, G4WJS, and K9AN
  Process Command Line : "C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe"

Decode alerts and logging will be unavailable until corrected.

This system has worked successfully for along time until this attempt to upgrade the software.  I would appreciate any fix.

Dave
N4CQ

Dave,
Yes, the image is hard to read. I downloaded it and enlarged it, which helped.
What version of JTAlert were you using before you up graded to 2.50.1?
The errors shown in the JTAlert Updates screen look like there is a problem with your internet connection. When you click on Check for Updates, that goes to a website and checks to see what the most recent files are. If your internet is working OK, and it must be since you were able to send the e-mail, there might be an issue with your network protection software (firewall). You might check to see if it is blocking JTAlert from accessing the internet. Just a thought. Incidentally, the only JTAlert software that is out of date on your system is the Callsign Database. The latest version is v2021.05.22.
I also see you are using WSJT-X 2.2.1. That is almost a year old. It would be a very good idea to upgrade to the latest version, which is 2.4.0.
Regarding the "Unable to communicate with WSJT-X" message - are you running any other programs that also interact with WSJT-X, such as Grid Tracker? If so, you need to use a multicast address in WSJT-X, such as 239.255.0.0, in the UDP Port: section.
Another possibility is, once again, your network protection software. It is possible that it started blocking the access between the two programs. This happens with some software, at times.
At any rate, check the issues I mentioned, by all means, upgrade to the latest WSJT-X version, and see if that helps.
73,
Jim N6VH