locked Re: Suggestion for the TXT messages

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 28/05/2021 2:32 pm, John C wrote:

Several times now, the TXT messager has sent a message I have been typing to the wrong person...   Can we please get this fixed.......  what happens is this.........

While I am working people, I start to type a message to a previous contact.   Part way through typing I work another call and the messages facility changes the "to" callsign to that of the latest station I am working and I end up sending the message to the wrong person.

Is there a way that you ciould please "lock" the callsign in that I am typing to so as to prevent this happening ???

regards

John
That's already available. Upgrade your JTAlert version.

From the 2.50.1 release notes...
  Changed:

    - Messaging window: WSJT-X DX Call changes now no longer auto populate the
       Callsign field if a message is already being composed. That is if the
       message field contains text, the DX Call change is ignored.