locked Re: JTAlert freezes during start

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 24/05/2021 4:09 am, Jim Denneny wrote:
Rolled back to 2.16.6 and 2.16.7.  Only the settings window opened. No main window starts. NET is 5.0

Next, upgraded NET to 5.0.6 and reinstalled JTAlert 2.50.1 again. It loads now and runs OK.  I have slim confidence that this will remain OK. All exceptions are in place.

Jim K7EG
JTAlert 2.16.17 & .16 do not use the .NET 5 runtime.

.NET 5.0.0 or 5.0.6 will make no difference, both will work with the JTAlert 2.50.x series.

My only thoughts on your troubles are that your Protection software was interfering, or you had an incompatible .NET installed. Perhaps the x86 runtime was installed while trying to use the x64 build of JTAlert. The two need to match. While the x86 versions will work under Windows x64, It is best to keep all architecture types the same, X64 across the board.