locked Re: Closing JTAlert On Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/05/2021 10:47 pm, Ronald Ford wrote:
First thank you for the update.  I have been using the new version for some time and the new call display is great.  I do have an issue I'm not sure how to resolve.  When I close JT Alert the program closes like it has in the past...however the Icon shows it is still open in the Task Bar.  I can right click on the icon and close select close and it closes.  It seems like there is a second something opening when I start JT Alert and when I close it it does not close. In previous versions of the software I have not had this issue occur.

If this has been discussed in the past please forgive my post.  I checked previous posting and saw some post that may have the same issue as me but I was not sure.  I have checked all of the setting on the gear icon and have tried several settings but nothing I tried resolved my issue of the icon not closing on exit.

73, Ronald - W4RJF
You're closing the Callsigns window, but not the primary JTAlert window which controls all the child windows  like the Callsigns window. Simply close the main JTAlert window, the old style wide horizontal window, and all the child windows will be closed automatically.

In your other messages you referred to the remaining taskbar entry, which is the primary window, as the second instance. It is not a second JTAlert instance. If it was a true second instance, you would have been presented with a popup window advising that it was waiting for a second instance of WSJT-X to start.