know which window to send the "terminate" message when it closes.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-05-14 4:51 PM, Craig wrote:
Hi Jim - decided to make the new changes and all works just fine using
JTAlert (launch / close) only. The only window that does not close
automatically is the Google Earth Pro window. That window was not closing
when terminating apps using Launcher. Not sure how that is managed. Best, C
On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 3:41 PM Craig Willison <nz4cwcraig@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Jim - thanks much for your thoughts on shutdown options. I understand
your thinking / approach and how it would work not using the bat file.
Some thoughts on operating implications:

1 - If I am going to run digital, everything (launching / terminating) is
then controlled by launching / stopping JTAlert
2 - If I am going to mostly run a different mode, I can launch / terminate
DXLab apps via the Launcher (as designed) without WSJT-X / JTAlert
running. Issue would be then starting JTAlert and having the DXLab apps
launched again - likely easier to terminate with Launcher and restart via
JTAlert.
3 - For mixed mode, option 1 still works fine.

So maybe it's best to always run option 1 given the issue noted under 2.
I wonder if there are implications for operating/logging with JTAlert
starting before the DXLab apps?

Could work Jim. Appreciate you noodling on this for me. I will swing
back to you and let you know what I experience.

73, Craig

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 2:26 PM Jim N6VH <N6VH@outlook.com> wrote:

On 5/13/2021 5:58 PM, Craig wrote:

Hello Jim - thanks so much for taking the time to put together the coding
and the description of the process. All works just great making the entire
startup process a single click!

Question, as Launcher takes care of starting and terminating the DXLab
applications and other applications that start direct (before or after the
DXLab apps), is there a way to have Launcher terminate the apps started
using the above process that you put together for me? Not a big item but
would take care of everything at shutdown. Thanks again Jim.

73, Craig

Craig,

I'm glad my solution worked fro you.

I don't see any easy way of shutting down JTAlert form DXLab Launcher. It
has been many years since I worked with batch files, so I am pretty rusty
with them. Here's a thought about a different approach. Would it work for
you to have JTAlert autostart DXLab, and NOT use the batch file? In
JTAlert settings, under Auto-Start, set DXLab Launcher to Start after
JTAlert, and then Close when JTAlert is closed.

In DXLab Launcher configuration, select the DXLab Apps you want to start,
and at the top, check Auto Start. Also, check Terminate On Shutdown. See if
that works for you.

Ignore any of the ACLog autostart you see in my JTAlert example. It is
just there for testing (as is DXLab Launcher).

73,

Jim N6VH