locked Re: JTAlert Autostart

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/05/2021 5:41 am, Craig wrote:
I wonder if there are implications for operating/logging with JTAlert starting before the DXLab apps?

There is no problems starting JTAlert before the DXLab programs. JTAlert will not finish its startup until its auto-start entries have started. So there is no trying to log a QSO if DXKeeper has not started.

My recommendation is to NOT autostart DXLab applications from JTAlert. There can be startup delays in starting the suite of DXLab programs, which you will need anticipate  and account for in setting delays in the JTAlert auto-starts. Also, if for some reason you need to restart JTAlert and or WSJT-X you will be forced to shutdown DXLab and restart them also due to their auto-start entries in JTAlert. I would keep the DXLab startups and JTAlert startup separate. Start DXLab first and wait for it to complete then start JTAlert which can be set to auto-start/close WSJT-X.

If you go with JTAlert startling everything, make sure that WSJT-X is started after DXLab commander and that you have given Commander sufficient time to complete its startup before starting WSJT-X.

I personally run the full DXLab suite. It gets started first, independent of JTAlert, then JTAlert/WSJT-X are started. When I want to switch to a non WSJT-X mode operation, I simply close JTAlert/WSJT-X, DXLab is still running for my non-JT modes.