locked Re: UDP defect in both 2.50.0 and 2.50.1

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/05/2021 1:26 am, Todd (N3PKJ) wrote:
Another thing I noticed is that C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert\pluginsX\JTAlertV2.Manager.exe fails to stays running. Seems like this file tries to start and fails repeatedly about every 5 seconds, can see this in Task Manager.
JTAlertV2.Manager not starting correctly is the cause for your UDP errors. All UDP traffic from WSJT-X to JTAlert comes via the Manager process.

Under view I see this. Note "Show Log Fields" is grayed out and can enable show confirmed bands.
The log fields display menu is grayed is normal behavior for when you don't have a logger enabled in JTAlert. Both your images of the affected Windows account show that you don't have logging enabled. "NO Log" in the main JTAlert title-bar and "Logging Disabled" in the Settings window titlebar.

Now isn't the main JTAlert window suppose to look like this?

Yes, BUT only if you have a log enabled, which is ADIF in this image, unlike your "NO Log" image. There is no point displaying the log fields if logging is disabled and there is no log to interrogate to fill in the BandsĀ  confirmed display

And finally on the secondary Windows user eventually get this error.

This UDP error is due to the Manager process not running.

What do the "*.ERROR" files under the affected Windows account show?
They can be found at %localappdata%\HamApps\debug\

If you can't find the files, use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.