locked Re: Windows Update - JTALERT Lost the large callsign "block window"

Steve Roth - AD4K

I could bring up the help windos but it will not close.  I am gonna delete the MalwareBytes program and start over.  Will advise.  Thanks

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 7:57 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 12/05/2021 9:32 am, Steve Roth - AD4K wrote:
I did a Windows 10 update today.  When running JTALERT my Malware blocker quarantined the JTALERT.EXE file.  I gave the blocker permission to ignore the entire Hamapps folder.

After that, I brought up my rig, then HRD, the WSJT-X the JTALERT.  WSJT-X is working as it should.   JTALERT came up normally but the new style window showing the callsign blocks won't come up.  This is the first difficulty I have had with the new updated JTALERT program.

Windows update usually make be make some adjustments but this one has me stymied.

Any suggestions?

Steve  AD4K

If the new Callsigns window is not showing, the likely culprit is your PC Protection software interfering with the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process. All the new 2.50.0 introduced windows are controlled by that Manager process.

Are you able to bring up the "Help -> About" window from the main JTAlert window? If not that too is also controlled by the Manager process.