locked Re: JT Alert - Worked B4

Bob Frostholm

Yes, sort of....

but I'm only interested in contacting a worked B4 on a different band is it is a Japan station...That's the objective of their award

Here's an example... I have set Ignore Band...

I have worked JA0QVJ on 17m previously, so I don't want to call him... It also tells me I have not worked JI3VUB or JI1LET on 17m...since JI1LET just signed 73, I would call him... because he could help advance me toward the award I reference earlier. Or I might try to call JI3VUB.

I'm not interested in filling my log by working every station on every band except for Japan.

So if there were no Japan stations on the air, I might want to try to contact KL7GY...but I'm not interested to make another contact with him if I've worked him B4 on another band. I can not tell if I already have KL7GY in my log. Yes, I know I can right click and left click the JT Alert box to find out but that's cumbersome and time consuming.

73

Bob

Ko6Lu
On 5/7/2021 2:42 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) via groups.io wrote:

On 8/05/2021 7:24 am, Bob Frostholm wrote:
when I see a Japan station I have worked B4 and I know I've not worked him on this band, I'll contact him

That's what the "Ignore Band" setting works. With it unchecked, A previously worked station on a different band will not show as a B4 on an un-worked Band. That's how I understand what you want from your above statement.

Bob
KO6LU