locked Re: v2.50.1 Second or third FT8 contact logged as FT8 with FT4 sub-mode. - DEFECT Confirmed

Michael

Hi All

I can reproduce the eeror by just switching to Mode FT4 and then back to Mode FT8 as sson as JTAlert has reconized that mode has been changed. And that's in both JTDX and WSJT-x. After doing that switch of mode the next QSO will be logged with FT4 as submode.

73 de Michael 5p1kzx

Den 06-05-2021 kl. 08:43 skrev HamApps Support (VK3AMA):

On 6/05/2021 11:03 am, Gary - AC6EG wrote:
Using JTAlert v2.50.1 with WSJT-X v2.4.0-rc4 to log to HRD v6.7.0.357 with MS Access database.
Just logged a dozen FT8 QSO's without any sub-mode.  I was unable to reproduce this FT4 sub-mode error.

Gary - AC6EG

Tnx Gary, good to hear.

The problem only surfaces when there has been previous FT4 logging resulting in old SubMode=FT4 data hanging around in JTAlert. I produced a new beta build that corrects the behavior. Several affected users reported the Beta corrected the problem for them. If you need access to this Beta let me know.