locked Re: Issues Relating to Recently-Installed v2.50.0

Paul

Laurie,

I apologize for emailing you, but I have been unable to figure out how to post a reply within any thread I read.  There is no Reply ‘button’ as there is with other groups I belong to.

I recently installed JTAlert 2.50.0 and I love the new, flexible callsigns display.  That is a great enhancement.  Thank you for a fabulous upgrade.

However, I am running into some issues, namely:

  • When logging a completed contact, the instant the ‘logging successful’ confirmation window pops up, the Callsigns window goes blank, and I have not found any way to prevent this.  In the past, I was able to select the next station to be contacted while the logging was occurring.  Now I have to wait a full cycle and relocate the station of interest within all the callsigns displayed.
  • For some reason I am also getting a large Decodes window opening whenever I launch the app, and I have tried but failed to get that to stop. I have to manually close the window every time. (my computer screen is not large, and I cannot accommodate any ‘extra’ windows)
  • FYI, I have seen your recommendation to use UDP Server address 239.255.0.0 in WSJT-X and, of course, the downloaded newest WSJT-X release installed with those settings but, unless I changed that back to 127.0.0.1, my JTAlert Callsigns window always remained blank – nothing was being displayed.
  • I had thought that callsign clicking actions are dictated by WSJT-X.  Is that correct?  I ask because I am finding the double-click on a callsign for some reason behaves differently when done within the WSJT-X Band Activity window or within the JTAlert Callsigns window.  Double-clicking a decoded callsign in WSJT-X moves the RX frequency focus and enables TX.  Double-clicking a displayed callsign within the JTAlert moves the RX frequency focus but does not enable TX.  Is that correct/as-designed?

Related to that last item, I would very much like to have actions for both single- and double-click, whereby a single-click on a station of interest focusses the RX frequency accordingly, and a double-click both focusses the RX frequency and enables TX.  There are many times when I merely wish to observe a station for a brief period before calling – usually to wait until his current contact is finishing before calling.  If, as I had thought, clicking actions are controlled solely by WSJT-X, then I will make my suggestion/request with that group.

73, and thanks again for all your efforts…  Paul (VE3PS)