locked Re: Callsigns window appeared too small to be usable and readjusted

Steven Fook

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 03:00 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 27/04/2021 12:56 am, Steven Fook via groups.io wrote:

I don't know if anybody experienced this or documented it, but when I opened JTAlert 2.50 this morning, the callsigns window appeared like this:

Previously it displayed nice and big in all its glory, and I did not touch any settings to modify anything in the program since I installed the update a while back.
Is there anyway to get to the properties other than the gear icon that now I cannot access?

Thanks!

Steven

Steven,

That is unexpected. I'm not sure how it came to that. There have not been any similar reports.

All the settings for the Callsigns window are held in a single config file. It includes the window size, position and zoom settings. Your image shows that the previous session position and zoom settings were restored correctly, but not the window size, indicating that the config file hadn't been removed or corrupted. I'll investigate and try to reproduce the effect.

As to unlocking the size without access to the gear icon, simple, click the Callsigns window to make it the active window then press the F2 key. That will open the Options popup and you will be able to unckeck the "Size locked" checkbox (under the "Window" section of the Options), you will then be able to drag the window borders to resize.

BTW, the F2 key is standard across all the JTAlert windows for opening their Options popup.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie, that did the trick.  I was able to restore it to my previous size using F2.  I had the 'size locked' option checked, so naturally I was unable to simply resize the window using the resize cursor.

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 02:49 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
Is there anyway to get to the properties other than the gear icon
that now I cannot access?
Like any other Window ... grab the lower right corner with your mouse
and pull to the size you desire.
Unfortunately when the "Size locked" option is checked in the settings, you cannot resize it simply with the mouse.

73,
Steven K2EJ