locked Re: Callsigns window appeared too small to be usable and readjusted

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/04/2021 12:56 am, Steven Fook via groups.io wrote:

I don't know if anybody experienced this or documented it, but when I opened JTAlert 2.50 this morning, the callsigns window appeared like this:

Previously it displayed nice and big in all its glory, and I did not touch any settings to modify anything in the program since I installed the update a while back.
Is there anyway to get to the properties other than the gear icon that now I cannot access?

Thanks!

Steven

Steven,

That is unexpected. I'm not sure how it came to that. There have not been any similar reports.

All the settings for the Callsigns window are held in a single config file. It includes the window size, position and zoom settings. Your image shows that the previous session position and zoom settings were restored correctly, but not the window size, indicating that the config file hadn't been removed or corrupted. I'll investigate and try to reproduce the effect.

As to unlocking the size without access to the gear icon, simple, click the Callsigns window to make it the active window then press the F2 key. That will open the Options popup and you will be able to unckeck the "Size locked" checkbox (under the "Window" section of the Options), you will then be able to drag the window borders to resize.

BTW, the F2 key is standard across all the JTAlert windows for opening their Options popup.