locked Re: Not having luck with UDP settings

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 22/04/2021 3:46 am, Charlie Rubenstein wrote:
I have had no luck (execpt once when it spontaneously started working for a while) getting the decodes and callsigns to show up from WSJT-X.

Here are the settings from the "About window"
JTAlert Instance       : #1
JTAlert Start Params   : /wsjtx
WSJT-X Window Title    : WSJT-X   v2.3.1   by K1JT, G4WJS, and K9AN
WSJT-X Command Line    : "C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe"
WSJT-X   --rig-name    :
WSJT-X Config File     : C:\Users\KB8CR\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini
WSJT-X Version         : 2.3.1
WSJT-X Revision        : 0e7224
WSJT-X Spec Op Mode    : None
WSJT-X UDP ID          : WSJT-X
WSJT-X UDP Port        : 2237
WSJT-X UDP Server      : 127.0.0.1
WSJT-X UDP MCast on LB : True
WSJT-X UDP Max Schema  : 3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. I also can't get it to write logs to my HRD 6 logbook which worked fine before the upgrade.

73 de Charlie KB8CR

I see your using a Flex, does that indicate you're running multiple instances of JTAlert? If so, since you're using a unicast UDP address (127.0.0.1) you will need to give each WSJT-X a unique UDP port value, they cannot all be 2237. Setting to use multicast is a better solution than setting each wsjtx configuration to use a unique port.

If you're only running a single JTAlert instance, then likely you have another application trying to work with wsjtx and it is taking exclusive control of the port. In that situation, your best to configure wsjtx to use multicast UDP. See the JTAlert help file "WSJT-X UDP Setup" topic for correct wsjtx and jtalert setup. You will also need configure any other applications trying to work with wsjtx directly to us multicast as well.

My strong advice, regardless of whether you're running single or multiple instances is to use Multicast UDP.