locked Re: DT explanation request

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 21/04/2021 2:08 am, Alessandro Gorobey via groups.io wrote:
My time is syncronized by NTP so I cannot understand this DT is referred to or calculated.
In the some period the DT of FT8 decodes of WSJTX is less than 1 S.

Thanks in advance

73 Sandro IW3RAB

The DT shown in the Callsigns window status bar is a median calculation of the DT values of the incoming decodes. It is calculated over time using a reasonable number of samples to give a meaningful result. The number of samples and the time period are automatically adjusted taking into consideration how busy the band is. Hover the mouse over the DT value, the resulting tooltip will show how many samples were used and the time duration in calculating the DT.