locked Re: True eQSL users

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 20/04/2021 4:58 am, Frode Igland wrote:
The eQSL database is regrettably set up with each account being a unique combination of call sign,  location and time period. For every change of location, including working portable, you will have to register a new account.

I work from 3-4 different locations, some mainland locations and some island (IOTA) locations. I have 152 accounts and counting. It was a job to get started, but once you are up to date it is easy to add a new account. I don't use eQSL for awards or anything like that, but I offer an eQSL AG confirmation to those who do. And sometimes the eQSL might provide some info for the log for stations not found in the online call books (QRZ.com, HamQTH.com, etc.).

I asked the eQSL team many years ago about simplifying the location data in a fashion like LoTW. They then replied that a solution like LoTW was on the to-do-list with a low priority and probably wouldn't happen in years. Now many years have passed, and a repeat question last year indicated that it is still way into the future, if ever...

73, Frode LA6VQ

Frode, thanks for the info.