locked Re: New feature suggestion - a temp parking area for call signs #FT8

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 19/04/2021 8:39 am, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
What I would like to see is a section similar to the "callers" display
for specified alerts - New Grid, New DXCC and New CQ Zone (in my case).
The alert would remain visible/active until worked, cleared manually,
or a time-out.

I would, for example, put the "alerts" at the top of the callsigns
window, generally callers (e.g."CQ" and "73"), in the middle, and
"calling me" at the bottom.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV

I have this on my todo list already.

It will require reworking of the Callsigns window, replacing the existing divider between the main display and the Callers display with a user-dragable splitter allowing for resizing of the Callers display from the current single line/column of callsigns. That is already partially coded. Adding an additional
"Tracked Alerts" view will require adding an additional splitter along with the necessary settings and restoring of the window layout.

It wont make the next release, that is primarily a fixes release, Once the fixes build is live, I can start working in earnest on a new features build.

I'll likely push the fixes build to the Test Team today or tomorrow.