locked Re: True eQSL users

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 19/04/2021 4:46 am, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) via groups.io wrote:
I note that while SWL callsigns have been removed there still exist some callsigns containing spaces and some very obvious bad callsigns. No biggy as I already remove those type of entries and now I can further sanitize the data by stripping non-uploaders. It does still leave the impression, to me, that the is little to no data input validation at the Eqsl end.

Like the saying goes, "Garbage In = Garbage Out".

I just ran my validation code against this new Eqsl AG file and got the following...

While 271 bad callsigns out of 113K is not a significant number, the causes of those bad callsigns is significant, IMO. It shows a lack of data validation on Callsign registration at the Eqsl end. I considered a bad callsign as any that contain characters that are not a number, letter or "/". The list of bad callsigns showed spaces, underscores, hyphens, brackets, etc.

On the plus size, the 26K non-uploaders help reduce the Callsign database.