locked Missing dll file on install #FT8 #HamSpots #JTDX

Ron Schunk

Trying to install JTAlert on my Windowz 8.1 with both JTDX and wsjtx...when I try to start Alert I get a error message window 'FrameworkCheck.exe -System Error  api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing'...the error window locks everything up....i did download and install .NET 5.0 Runtime 5.0.5 (x64)..looked around the web and there were cautions about just downloading missing dll files because of possible malware problems...don't need that..I thought needed dll's were included in the install packages for Alert and Runtime...

Any suggestions?
Ron
WA8KQF