locked Re: JT Alert 2.50.0 update and now nothing works on JT Alert app

Ed K0iL

Jim,

I use both, but probably Edge on this one looking at history.  Yes, "Keep" was checked in each case.  I was testing if there was any Norton problem in the download so disabled Norton did another download.  That appeared with Norton Disabled, but downloaded file was identical to the first one.  Installed it with Norton Disabled.  Still didn't work.  So no Norton impact.

Gave up on 2.50.0 and reinstalled last June's 2.16.7 with Norton restarted and changed back the WSJT-X settings.  It works again!  Made some contacts; it logged them automatically.  Everything works again on the older version.  I noticed I still have some Windows 10 virus and security stuff running.  But got burned out on trying to make this work on 2.50.0 at this point.  Whatever the problem is, might be time to look at GridTracker again.  For now, the old one works fine.

Thanks to Laurie and yourself for responses and ideas.