locked Re: 2.5.0 Sounds "late"

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/04/2021 10:57 pm, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
With 2.5.0 I find the alert sounds are often "late"... well into the
middle of the next transmit period.  If I'm not looking at the monitor
(and that's the whole reason for the sounds!), I've completely missed
the opportunity to call on that cycle.

Anything to speed up the sound or is that part of the old code that
hasn't been moved?

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV

That is not normal. Sound play is all within the .NET realm. It has been for many versions, prior to 2.50.0. The only change with 2.50.0 was the underlying .NET framework used.

I haven't seen any other reports of this. Well into the new period delays should not be happening, there is nothing about the code that should produce multi-second delays, at most a few ms.

What sort of delays do you get when you use the "Test Sound Output" menu? it behaves exactly like the queuing of sounds for triggered alerts, it is just the sound file specified that changes. Do you get delays with the test?