locked Re: JT Alert 2.50.0 update and now nothing works on JT Alert app

Jim N6VH

On 4/17/2021 11:14 AM, Ed K0iL wrote:

Laurie,

With Norton disable, I reloaded JT Alert.  But no change.

I forgot I got a pop up warning when I download 2.50.0 so did it again with Norton disabled.  Still got the same pop up warning.  Perhaps the Windows10 protection is causing this issue?

73, de ed -K0iL

Ed,

That message looks like it might be from your browser. What browser are you using? I tested the download with Firefox, Edge and Chrome, with no problems. Incidentally, the messages you show are in the same place download messages show in Edge and Chrome. In my case, however, the messages were simply a confirmation of the download. Since you installed JTAlert, I assume you clicked keep.

I don't know if Norton is causing the problems, but it might be. As someone else suggested, check your firewall permissions.

I used Norton for awhile, but found it too intrusive. I ditched it and went to ESET. I have never had any problems with ESET. There are several on here that are happy with Microsoft's AV.

73,

Jim N6VH