locked Re: JTAlert - 73 Badge

Craig

Thanks Jim for your note / comments. Yes, sure seems reasonable to me that clicking on a 73 Badge would enable TX... that is the intent of showing the 73 badge - but as far as I can tell it doesn't work, and it is not obvious (as yet) that there is an option to make it work.  Should operate as CQ Badge does...

Maybe Laurie can add some perspective on this...

73, Craig

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 1:34 PM Jim Cooper <jim.w2jc@...> wrote:
On 16 Apr 2021 at 12:19, Craig wrote:

> Do have a question - when the 73
> decode badge window appears, was it
> intended that double-clicking would
> not enable TX?   Do not see the
> option on this.

my experience is that clicking on a call
showing the 73 badge SETS UP the
messages for that call in WSJT-X, but
does not enable the Enable Tx (which seems
reasonable, as the operator should decide
when to start calling a 'tail ender' call --
if you don't have the Tx freq locked, you
would start calling on top of the ending
part of the current QSO).

When you click on a call with the CQ badge,
it does enable Enable Tx because it's known
that you want to start calling right away.