locked Re: JTAlert 2.50.0 Upgrade help needed

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/04/2021 6:13 am, N2TK, Tony via groups.io wrote:
I installed .Net, 64 bit. At the end of the installation, "download and install" am I supposed to do anything else in NET?
I have had no luck with "dotnet" at a command prompt. I get an alarm that "Windows cannot find dotnet".
Any ideas?
Tnx
N2TK, Tony.

What version of Windows, 7, 8.1 or 10? Is it 64bit or 32bit?

There is nothing you need to do after installing the .NET 5 Desktop Runtime. You might try restarting your PC, but personally I have never needed after many installs and uninstalls of the runtime during my testing.

If the command "dotnet" in a command  prompt window is throwing a cannot find dotnet error, that suggests that it is not installed correctly. Check control panel to see if it is listed. Try running the .NET installer again.

If the runtime is installed correctly you should get similar results in response to a "dotnet" and "dotnet --info" command...