locked Re: JT Alert 2.50.0 update and now nothing works on JT Alert app

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 16/04/2021 12:27 pm, Ed K0iL wrote:
UDP Comm Failure error message states unable to communicate with WSJT-X process. Says see JT Alert Help for correct WSJT-X UDP Setup. That help page now recommends new UDP multicast addressing. So verified that. It still doesn't work.

I have all setting same as recommended on Troubleshooting help page for WSJT-X UDP Setup.
Then JT Alert Help suggests using JTAlert's "Help->About", but doesn't work either.  Nothing on v2.50.0 works at all.

Anyone else having this problem with JTAlert's new version 2.50.0?

73, de ed -K0iL

All UDP comms, Sound output and opening of the new 2.50.0 windows, like the new Help->About window are controlled by the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process located in the pluginsX sub-directory of your JTAlert installation directory. It sounds to me like that process is either not running or is being interfered with by your Protection software. Is the process running, check using taskmanager.