locked Re: Power saving - was Getting fed up..... #FT8

Phil Cooper

Hi all,

Mike W9MD, thanks for the link, although that looks very different to my Win10 setup, and more like a Win7 settings menu.

I did find it, eventually, under power & Sleep, and then advanced settings. And set USB to NEVER.

Cheers

Phil GU0SUP

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Black via groups.io
Sent: 15 April 2021 18:32
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Getting fed up..... #FT8

On Thursday, April 15, 2021, 12:23:08 PM CDT, Phil Cooper via groups.io <pcooper@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks to Joe and to Laurie for the useful info.

On my current Win7pro shack machine, I have set the USB ports so that they do not sleep, but I am stuck trying to find this option in Win10.

I’ll have to dig a bit more.

Joe, you mentioned that you disabled fast-boot…. Where is that in the menu structure?

For both, my shack PC runs 24/7, so it is likely that I will see if I can set Win10 updates to download, but wait for me to install them. That way, I can make sure it doesn’t do anything nasty.

I’m planning on doing this over the weekend, so it’s fingers crossed for an easy transition.

Cheers

Phil GU0SUP

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
Sent: 15 April 2021 01:07
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Getting fed up..... #FT8

On 15/04/2021 9:11 am, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

I completely disable the power saving features
of Windows; 2) I disable "fast boot" (A.K.A. "hybrid sleep")

Same here.

Disabling USB power saving should be standard operating practice when operating any of the sound-card modes, in my opinion. For me it is a mandatory setup on all PCs. Just like having a reliable and accurate NTP source when operating the the JT modes, it is not an option, again IMO.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.