locked Re: Version 2.50.0 F5 Text Message window

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/04/2021 7:49 am, Steve, N3SL wrote:
One observation (and request) I'd like to add to this:  In the previous version, when I received a text message, the reply button left the texter's callsign in the address box.  Not so with the new version.  But I will say, in general, the new version is a vast improvement - and thanks, Laurie, for taking feedback/suggestions from all of us!

Steve
I wont go into the complexities why that is not implemented. But, the workaround is simple, but didn't get documented. Click the received message, a single-left click. That automatically populates the Callsign entry window with the Callsign sender of that message and will also perform an online check. You can also click one of your previously sent messages and the recipient callsign will populate the Callsign field.

Also Callsigns that have been messaged (in the current JTAlert session) are listed in the drop-down list below the Callsign entry field so you can find a previously messaged station there if there are no messages to click.