locked Re: Getting fed up..... #FT8

Gilles beaulieu

Thanks Mike I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Another small problem is on WSJT-X Band Activity used to get some callsign were highlighted different color. I don't get that anymore... Did I miss something along the way? any ideas?

Thanks

Gilles - VE3NPI

On 4/14/2021 5:48 PM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Microsoft likes to mess with the USB device every few updates.
All you have to do if you have a problem is uninstall all your audio devices and reboot.

I (and many others) have had to do this multiple times over the last several years.

It's not every update...but seems like it's the major ones that tend to mess with USB devices.
Can happen to both audio and COM ports.

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 04:43:40 PM CDT, Phil Cooper via groups.io <pcooper@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I am in the process of getting a new Win10Pro box set up for the shack, and one of the “horrors” of Win10 that I am aware of (especially relating to radio software) is the fact that audio devices often end up being messed up.

This idea sounds really good, so is it really true? Can others confirm that this is correct?

Also, I use a microHAM MK11 as a connection between the PC and my radio (IC7800) and I wonder if Joe W4TV can confirm whether it is permissible to change the name of the microHAM sound devices?

Any advice would be welcomed….

I am not even going to try and install v2.5.0 or .NET5 on my old Win7pro (32bit) PC, as it is struggling already, and I would like to be able to network it so that I can retrieve files, check ini files etc once I have swapped them out.

73 de Phil GU0SUP