locked Re: Large folder!

Jim N6VH

On 4/14/2021 11:49 AM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 14/04/2021 11:17 pm, Bill - AA4M wrote:
I just discovered that this folder:

C:\Users\mrbil\AppData\Local\HamApps\AA4M\config\JTAlertX

Contains 110MB of files dating from today all the way back to 08/22/21.  Is there any reason I can't delete all this as part of my periodic housekeeping?

73, Bill  AA4M

Bill,

Those old files should be getting removed automatically and only the last 7 days of backups should be retained.

What version of JTAlert are you running?

You can safely delete the files containing a date & time in their filename. BUT do not delete config.sqlite, that is your live settings file.

de Laurie VK3AMA

_._,_._,_

Laurie,

I just checked this folder (never had a reason to, before), and I see the same situation, although not as much Bill's. I have 61 files in there, dating back to 20210317. Actually, one of them is from 20160521. Apparently, the process to delete older files isn't working correctly. I wouldn't have noticed this if it hadn't been for Bill's e-mail.

73,

Jim N6VH