locked Re: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing ->> try reinstalling the program to fix

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/04/2021 11:15 am, Jim wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

after installing JTAlert 2.50.0 on my windows 7 computer I get this message.  What did I do incorrectly and how do I fix it?
This is a new installation of JTAlert of course and the new .net seems to work or at least I didnt get any errors from it.
Yes I know reinstall it, but I have done that multiple times and it didnt install the file needed.  What do I do now?

Jim K3ybn
Per the subject line, this is a very common problem with Windows. A quick Google search results in hundreds of thousands hits. You appear to be missing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. Either it has been removed from your PC or its installation is faulty.

JTAlert doesn't have any C++ code so doesn't need this, but the .NET runtime installer likely does, but that is only a guess. Many applications need this, so it is worthwhile getting your system updated into a good state.