locked V 2.50.x Observations
I installed 2.50.x on a spare laptop running Windows 10 and I offer some observations.
All are intended to be constructive and I welcome any input & critique
I do like the new release although the new window structure will require a bit of adjustment in my thinking - not too much though.
The callsign window seems to have some limitation on its text size.
For someone who is visually challenged, this could be an issue.
The Main Window used to be attached to the callsign window along with the Menu.
It would be nice if the Menu would be also available on the callsign window or an option to put (attach) the Main Window on the Callsign Window.
As others have observed, (I use an ADIF file) the ADIF reading seems very much longer.
My ADIF file has about 182,000 records Version 2.17.x took about 15 seconds to read it.
Version 2.50.x takes about 95 seconds.
As someone mentioned, this may be due to the .NET but I am not sure.
The above numbers were on the same machine under Windows 10
I did successfully make 1 QSO with the new version before going back to version 2.17.x/
Note that I an running 2.17.x on a Windows 7 machine but I may try to get the .NET 5.0 working on that machine.
If not, I shall clone my Win 10 machine so I can work with the new version without adversely impacting my primary desktop.
Thank you Laurie for all your great efforts !!!
-- John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ Primary Home Page: http://wa2hip.com