locked Re: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing ->> try reinstalling the program to fix

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/04/2021 11:15 am, Jim wrote:
after installing JTAlert 2.50.0 on my windows 7 computer I get this message.  What did I do incorrectly and how do I fix it?

Yes I know reinstall it, but I have done that multiple times and it didnt install the file needed.  What do I do now?

Jim K3ybn

Reinstall the NET 5 Desktop Runtime. That particular file is not bundled with the JTAlert installer, it is part of the Runtime.

If reinstalling the Runtime doesn't work, it could mean that your WIn7 PC wont work with the new version.

As it is now, WIn7 SP1 is not officially supported without a paid ESU being installed. That may or may not be your problem. Several Win7 SP1 users have reported success without having the ESU installed. I believe they were all Win7 Pro, are you perhaps running Win7 Home or never updated to SP1?