locked Re: the .NET 5 Desktop Runtime 64bit (x64)

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/04/2021 10:20 am, Russ - KA1ERL wrote:

Running windows 10 64bit version.

Attached is the log generated by the error.

Sorry, not much I can do about this. You will need to engage with Microsoft support to sort it out.

I note "Failed to extract all files" messages in the log. Perhaps your file is corrupt or your Protection software is interfering.

Depending on your ISP, downloading the NET 5 installer again may result in them delivering the same corrupt file, assuming it is corrupt. Try installing an earlier version.

X64 direct download links...
5.0.4 https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-desktop-5.0.4-windows-x64-installer
5.0.3 https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-desktop-5.0.3-windows-x64-installer
5.0.2 https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-desktop-5.0.2-windows-x64-installer