locked Re: Ver 2.50.0 issues

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 13/04/2021 9:59 pm, Bill Barrett wrote:
Hello Laurie-

Switched over to Multicast but no help. Notice the band and mode are still not found.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks;
Bill W2PKY

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 10:54 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 13/04/2021 10:40 am, Bill Barrett wrote:

1.) Running 8 instances of WSJT-X and JTAlert. Receiving UDP Comm Failure on instance 8.
Each instance of WSJT-X has a unique UDP Port number.

2.) Instance #1 does not always display the Band and Mode.

3.) If all 8 instances of WSJT-X are up and starting JTAlert instances, JTAlert sometimes misses an instance of WSJT-X. Best to start one instance of WSJT-X along with JTAlert and go on until all 8 instances are up.

The new call window is very flexible.

Thanks;
Bill W2PKY

Bill,

I suggest you move over to using UDP multicast for the WSJT-X UDP Server settings. With multicast there is no need for unique ports, all instances can use the same port.

As for auto-starting WSJT-X, you could try adding in an additional delay for each startup entry. Alternatively, setup a batch file to start WSJT-X then JTAlert followed by a pause and repeat that for the additional instance pairs.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Likely its the port 2333 you're trying to use. That should not be a problem, but I have seen many users set to use 2333 and things stop working because they also have the WSJT-X secondary server enabled and it is set to 2333.

Make sure it is turned off. Also check that you don't have JTAlert set to rebroadcast UDP messages on the same port (under the "Applications -> WSJT-X /JTDX" section of the main JTAlert Settings window).

If you still have problems, use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.