locked Re: 2.5.0 -- AutoIt Error

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/04/2021 1:49 am, David - AK2L wrote:
Clearly, JTAlert doesn't like being connected to my HRD installation.  This is not a new problem; it existing in earlier versions of JTAlert as well.  But with the earlier versions, it would usually happen only once when I changed a setting.  I would then restart JTAlert and all would be well until I changed another setting.  With v2.50, it happens every time.

I would be interested to hear from other HRD6 users to see if they have seen any problems.

For now, I will look at logging directly from WSJT-X or perhaps changing my logging program altogether.

There are several members of the JTAlert Test Team that use HRD logging. None have reported this issue.

What Log type are you using in HRD? Is it MSAccess? There have been numerous problems with HRD MSAccess logs in recent months that have affected JTAlert. They didn't crash JTAlert but typically caused significant slowdown. The fix in all cases was to create a new Log in HRDLogbook and then set the new log in JTAlert. The problem appears to be tied into the ODBC DSN that HRD uses for its logs. Creating a new DSN, which happens when creating a new log seems to clear the problem. Some MSAccess log users have converted to MariaDB which solved the problem for them.