locked Re: Ver 2.50.0 issues

Fred Roberts

Laurie.....
       Good news! The answer to my question....should I have chosen the x64 version is YES!!!!....no problem uninstalling the x86 version, I just sorted by date installed, followed the link you provided in your install instructions, choose the CORRECT version, and 2.50.0 is up and running!
Tnx es 73,
Fred
WB4QOC

Sent from my phone.....Fred

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021, 8:26 AM Fred Roberts via groups.io <fred5352=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good morning Laurie.....
      A bit of help needed. Installed 2.50.0 and after a minute or two wait I get the following pop up window:
     I am running Windows 10 Home. I did get the warning that . Net 5 wasn't installed, and I installed it (I choose the x86 version - should I have used x64?)
I've also included a shot of the WSJT-x settings.
     Thanks for your help, and a great program!
73,
Fred
WB4QOC

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021, 7:59 AM Bill Barrett <billbarrett174@...> wrote:
Hello Laurie-

Switched over to Multicast but no help. Notice the band and mode are still not found.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks;
Bill W2PKY

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 10:54 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 13/04/2021 10:40 am, Bill Barrett wrote:

1.) Running 8 instances of WSJT-X and JTAlert. Receiving UDP Comm Failure on instance 8.
Each instance of WSJT-X has a unique UDP Port number.

2.) Instance #1 does not always display the Band and Mode.

3.) If all 8 instances of WSJT-X are up and starting JTAlert instances, JTAlert sometimes misses an instance of WSJT-X. Best to start one instance of WSJT-X along with JTAlert and go on until all 8 instances are up.

The new call window is very flexible.

Thanks;
Bill W2PKY

Bill,

I suggest you move over to using UDP multicast for the WSJT-X UDP Server settings. With multicast there is no need for unique ports, all instances can use the same port.

As for auto-starting WSJT-X, you could try adding in an additional delay for each startup entry. Alternatively, setup a batch file to start WSJT-X then JTAlert followed by a pause and repeat that for the additional instance pairs.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Attachments: