locked Re: OK what happened to .net 4.7.2

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/04/2021 9:38 am, Jim wrote:
Laurie,
Ok thanks for info .... somehow I thought it had been.  In any event when I try to install the specified .net off the Microsoft web site I get an error and no where can I find out how to fix it.. thats why I had asked the original question.

The error I get is found in my log entry below:

Package Name = Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 Setup
Package Version = 4.7.03081
User Experience Data Collection Policy: AlwaysUploaded

Number of applicable items: 10

Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x800B0109), "A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:32).
C:\2ab92d49205972a6ad5f1c\netfx_Full_x64.msi - Signature verification for file netfx_Full_x64.msi (C:\2ab92d49205972a6ad5f1c\netfx_Full_x64.msi) failed with error 0x800b0109 (A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.)

No FileHash provided. Cannot perform FileHash verification for netfx_Full_x64.msi
File netfx_Full_x64.msi (C:\2ab92d49205972a6ad5f1c\netfx_Full_x64.msi), failed authentication. (Error = -2146762487). It is recommended that you delete this file and retry setup again.
Exe (C:\2ab92d49205972a6ad5f1c\SetupUtility.exe) succeeded.
Exe Log File: dd_SetupUtility.txt
ServiceControl operation succeeded!
ServiceControl operation succeeded!
Exe (C:\2ab92d49205972a6ad5f1c\SetupUtility.exe) succeeded.
Exe Log File: dd_SetupUtility.txt
Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x800B0109), "A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:32).

So I have an issue with a certificate that is not trusted. Have you ever seen this before or know someone that has had this problem and resolved it?

Jim K3YBN

A quick Google search indicates this is a common wide-spread problem. Interesting that most of the results are quite old, several years.

It appears, based on my quick perusal of the Google results. that your Win7 has not been getting updated with security patches.

I am loath to suggest a solution for something I have not encountered or tested.

Try installing NET Framework 4.8

If that doesn't work try applying the
KB2813430 update. It cropped up several times as a solution. Download from here...
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=kb2813430

I note that that security update was released in 2013.

Several possible solutions involved file deletions/modifications or Registry hacks. I will not publish those, I leave that to you to try if the official Microsoft patch fails.

That's the limit of the support I can provide on this.