locked Re: Important Announcement : The next release of JTAlert requires the .NET 5 desktop runtime

Joe - W9RF

Fred,

Don't mean to hijack your post but I have not received an email about any changes.

I certainly hope these new changes do not require Windows 10?

AND why did I not receive an email about the changes?

Laurie VK3AMA  was the original email posted here on HamApps.groups.io?

W9RF - Joe

On Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 8:50:18 PM CDT, Fred Roberts <fred5352@...> wrote:

What new features will the next release include? Sorry....this is the first news I've seen on any new releases. And 2.16.17 is very stable, and a pleasure to use.
Fred
WB4QOC

Sent from my phone.....Fred

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021, 9:48 PM Fred Roberts <fred5352@...> wrote:
What new features will the next release include? Sorry....this is the first news I've seen on any new releases. And 2.16.17 is very stable, and a pleasure to use.
Fred
WB4QOC

Sent from my phone.....Fred

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021, 5:46 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
The next release of JTAlert, version 2.50.0, requires the installation of the Microsoft .NET 5 Desktop Runtime.

The JTAlert installer will automatically check if you have the required runtime installed. If the runtime is not found you will be given the option to install the needed file.

The correct 64bit (x64) or 32bit (x86) version needs to be installed matching your Windows OS architecture

If you wish to install the runtime ahead of the new JTAlert release, it can be obtained here...
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/5.0/runtime/

When
JTAlert 2.50.0 is released the JTAlert download pages will be updated with this new requirement.

JTAlert 2.50.0 will be publicly released in approx 7 days time.