On 7/04/2021 11:49 am, Fred Roberts
features will the next release include? Sorry....this is the
first news I've seen on any new releases. And 2.16.17 is very
stable, and a pleasure to use.
The release notes for the new build...
*** The Microsoft .NET 5 desktop runtime is required to be
installed for this
*** version of JTAlert (and all future versions). The JTAlert
*** automatically run a runtime check utility which will offer
to install the
*** necessary runtime if it is not detected installed on your
*** Important note regarding Q65 mode: Q65 support is only
*** Accurate Q65 B4 checks and Q65 logging are fully
*** There is no Alerting for Q65 DXCCs, States, Grids,
*** Includes Callsign database file version 2021-04-05
*** Important: Please review the new "JTAlert 2.50 features"
help file for
*** a complete description (with loads of images) of the new
*** Activity, Messaging & BandHeat windows and the
location of their
*** respective settings. See under the "Help" window of the
*** window or the shortcut in the "HamApps JTAlert" Windows
- Callsigns window: This replaces the old callsigns display
in the main JTAlert window. This window is fully
resizable with no limit
on the number of Callsigns displayed, except for
available screen space
and the number of decodes produced at the end of a
- Messaging window: This replaces the old Text Messages
window. It will
show both sent and received messages and retain them for
Previously sent/received messages can be saved for reuse.
limit is 2048 character (old window was 256 characters).
- Activity window: This replaces the old Mode Activity
window. It is resizable,
supports the new FST4 and Q65 modes as well as the 560m,
8m, & 5m bands.
Individual bands and modes can be turned off and not
- Band Heat window: This replaces the old Activity Bands
display that was
embedded in the main JTAlert window. It is now an
supports the 560m, 8m & 5m bands, and can be set to
or horizontally (the default). Individual bands can be
turned off and hidden.
- Decodes window: Frequency column can be set to either KHz
- QSL flags: The Lotw and Eqsl flag positions on the
and Decodes window are no longer changeable. They are
fixed in location.
Lotw -> bottom left of the Callsign.
Eqsl -> bottom right of the Callsign.
- Hotkeys: No longer user-changeable, they are now
F1 -> Help window
F2 -> Settings window
F3 -> Callsigns window
F4 -> Decodes window
F5 -> Text Messages widow
F6 -> Call History window
F7 -> Alert Status window
F8 -> Macros window
F9 -> not used
F10 -> not used
F11 -> Activity window
F12 -> BandHeat window
Alt + H -> Open browser to HamSpots.net
Alt + Q -> Open browser to QRZ.com
- Callsign Display Grid: Has been removed and is now a
resizable window, simply called the "Callsigns" window.
- Text Messages Window: Now called "Messaging" Window, is
from the JTAlert first instance (#1).
- WSJT-X: B4 & Ignored callsigns are now highlighted in
they are hidden in JTAlert due to filtering.
- Menus: Several menus associated with the new Windows
this release (Activity, Messaging & Callsigns) have
been removed from
the main JTAlert window. All necessary options/settings
for these new
windows can be set from the Options popup for each of
- Q65 mode: Callsigns not being displayed in the Callsign
decodes not being displayed in the Decodes window.
- DXKeeper: non-AG eQSL member QSLs marked as "received"
as confirmed when running the Alert database rebuild.
That is QSOs marked as
confirmed from non-AG callsigns will no longer be
considered during the rebuild.
- HRDLogbook V6+: Lat & Lon data missing from logging
instruction sent to
Log via its TCP interface
- Text Messages: Online status randomly incorrectly shows
offline when the
Callsign is online and has been sending messages.
- JTAlert debug data: Some session files not being truncated
as part of
the automated maintenance routines.
- JTAlert Installer: The desktop shortcuts checkbox settings
when the installer was
last run are now remembered and restored.
de Laurie VK3AMA