locked Re: Broken QSOs

Steve Roth - AD4K

It turns out to be a judgment call.

Mobile

On Apr 4, 2021, at 14:47, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@subich.com> wrote:

On 2021-04-04 8:46 AM, Curt Bowles wrote:
Are you guy’s suggesting by the comment “the broken QSO is on you”...
That I should have forced the auto processes by selecting and sending
TX4 (c/s VE3ZN 73) manually after the TX3 msg (c/s VE3ZN R –xx) was
sent several times.
No. you apparently did not receive "RRR" or 'RR73" even though the
other station received your report and sent his TX4 message multiple
times. This is one of those gray areas ... both stations have received
and acknowledged the reports but one station (you) has not heard the
acknowledgement. I would guess the other station was sending RR73
and when not hearing further R-xx reports assumed you had heard the
RR73 and logged the QSO.

It comes down to a question of whether *you* consider it a valid QSO
without hearing (decoding) RR73 from the other station? Is there an
RR73 in your WSJTX.all file? Do you feel there is enough in the
WSJTX.all file to constitute a *complete* QSO?

I think Jim is correct, this is really a WSJTX operating question and
should be raised in <main@WSJTX.groups.io>. However, be prepared for
the onslaught of the "it's not a QSO until both sides have send 73"
mafia.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-04-04 8:46 AM, Curt Bowles wrote:
“Prompt me to log QSO” is checked. In my email I said it is set up for logging and works! I guess I am a little slow on the uptake but not all of us are digital and/or software experts.
Are you guy’s suggesting by the comment “the broken QSO is on you”... That I should have forced the auto processes by selecting and sending TX4 (c/s VE3ZN 73) manually after the TX3 msg (c/s VE3ZN R –xx) was sent several times. And as a result the software will prompt me to log. Assuming #3 & #4 in your statement “WSJTX and JTAlert will prompt you to log the QSO when 1) You *receive*"RRR", 2) You *receive* "RR73", 3) you *send* "RRR" or 4) you *send* RR73” is true!
Curt VE3ZN