locked Re: Application Auto-Start Issue

Jim N6VH

On 6/03/2021 10:25 am, Jim N6VH wrote:

As an experiment, I tested my suggested method, and it doesn't work. I can point Win4Yaesu to the desired JTAlert shortcut, but Win4Yaesu then points to the location listed in the shortcut, instead of running the shortcut itself. Wyndell will need to use another method to do what he wants.

73,

Jim N6VH

RRR.

The easiest option to overcome deficiencies in these applications that don't support command-line parameters for starting other applications is to simply put the command that needs a param into a batch file and have the batch file started.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie,

I wrote a very basic batch file that might help Wyndell. It has been a long time since I have worked with batch files, so it might not be perfect. It does work, however.

Wyndell, open Notepad. Then copy the following statements, and paste them into Notepad. Then save this as a .bat file. I called it Start JTAlet.bat.

@ECHO OFF CD C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert START JTAlert.exe /wsjtx EXIT

It might be necessary to change the file location in the second line, depending on where JTAlert is installed. If you want to use JTDX instead, just change wsjtx in the third line to jtdx.

Then setup Win4Icom like this (see attached picture). Once again, change the location to wherever you saved the batch file.

Next, set JTAlert like this (see attached picture).

As I said, you might need to make adjustments to file locations, etc. This works on my computer. I hope it works for you.

Incidentally, I normally use Log4OM, but I did the test with AC Log since that was the log mentioned in the original post.

73,

Jim N6VH