locked Re: Application Auto-Start Issue

Jim N6VH

On 3/3/2021 4:28 PM, Jim N6VH wrote:
Laurie,

I use Win4Yaesu, which is probably similar to Win4Icom in this respect. While I don't have it auto-start anything, it looks like it could be set to start the appropriate JTAlert shortcut, which would then start JTAlet, of course. Then, JTAlert could start WSJT-X (or (JTDX). This might work for Wyndell. It might be worth a try for him

73,

Jim N6VH

_._,_._,_

Laurie,

As an experiment, I tested my suggested method, and it doesn't work. I can point Win4Yaesu to the desired JTAlert shortcut, but Win4Yaesu then points to the location listed in the shortcut, instead of running the shortcut itself. Wyndell will need to use another method to do what he wants.

73,

Jim N6VH