locked Re: Application Auto-Start Issue

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 4/03/2021 9:03 am, Patrick Hung wrote:
I've set JT-Alert to auto-start both WSJT-X and ACLog, but the two apps can't seem to start in the right order. ACLog usually launches right away, which for some reason takes away the TCP port from WSJT-X, which prevents WSJT-X from auto-starting the radio and getting going. Upon an immediate second try, after quitting out of all three programs, WSJT-X starts quickly (beats ACLog to the port??), and all is well. I don't understand it. Any ideas?

Patrick - W6AJR

Increase the delay for wsjtx.exe entry (#1). The delay is applied after an entry is started, so you only have 1.5 seconds between starting wsjtx (#1) and aclog (#2). The 6 sec delay for aclog can be reduced as all that does is delay JTAlert from completing its startup.