locked Re: Dozens of WSJT-X config files

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 4/03/2021 7:15 am, Jim N6VH wrote:
(a total of 8, not counting the current one) only go back to Feb 25. I don't know what is different in our setups
I know a difference. You like myself are running an unreleased experimental version of JTAlert, while the others reporting old file accumulation are running the public release.

The differences in the two releases is that the file responsible for removing the old files, JTAlertV2.Manager.exe has changed. The public release uses the .NET Framework 4.7.2 or later, while the experimental release uses .NET CORE 5.0 or later. That is the only difference I can see. The actual code for identifying the old files and removing them is identical for both releases (it was a straight code copy), it is the framework that the Manager is based on being the only difference. Whether this is the cause or just a red-herring we will discover when I finally publish the new JTAlert release.