locked Re: Duplicate HRD Logbook Entries With Invalid Time Stamps from JAlert #HRD

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 1/03/2021 5:27 am, Ronald Panetta wrote:
  • The entry with the missing date (shows as 12/30/1899 when you double click on the entry) is from JTAlert. In my case Settings -> Logging -> Last QSO API -> UDP Transmission (enabled and UDP port 2333.
  • The entry with the date is from WSJT-X. In my case Settings -> Reporting -> Secondary UDP Server -> Enabled via IP address 127.0.0.1 port 2333.
  • I log with both as once HRD fixes the bug, I plan to use JTAlert for  logging and disable it in WSJT-X as that shows as deprecated. As stated earlier, I just clean up with the "Refresh"  button.
73, Ron WB2WGH

Ron,

There is no need to wait for HRD to fix their badly broken ADIF parser. The easy fix is to set JTAlert to use HRD logging and leave the WSJT-X secondary server and the JTAlert Last QSO function turned off.

By having JTAlert perform the HRD logging, which happens via the HRDLogbook TCP interface (no direct writing to the log, it is handled by HRD), is that you instantly gain accurate B4 checking against you log and one-click updating of the JTAlert Alert database for the different Alert types, rather than having to manually adjust the Alert settings which is tedious and error (human) prone.