locked Re: Duplicate HRD Logbook Entries With Invalid Time Stamps from JAlert #HRD

Ronald Panetta, WB2WGH

Rick, Are you seeing something like the screen snapshot below? If so, several comments:
  • The "Refresh" button (above "Time On" column) cleans up the dups
  • The blank dates are a known bug in HRD (V6.7.0.323). HRD is aware of the issue and I have been told by HRD it will be fixed in the next release. I opened a help desk ticket with HRD on this about a month ago and after some "not my problem" responses, finally got confirmation from Mike of HRD that it is indeed a bug and slated for a fix.
  • The entry with the missing date (shows as 12/30/1899 when you double click on the entry) is from JTAlert. In my case Settings -> Logging -> Last QSO API -> UDP Transmission (enabled and UDP port 2333.
  • The entry with the date is from WSJT-X. In my case Settings -> Reporting -> Secondary UDP Server -> Enabled via IP address 127.0.0.1 port 2333.
  • I log with both as once HRD fixes the bug, I plan to use JTAlert for  logging and disable it in WSJT-X as that shows as deprecated. As stated earlier, I just clean up with the "Refresh"  button.
73, Ron WB2WGH

image.png

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 12:09 PM Rick <rick.tyo@...> wrote:
Nevermind. I found my own answer.  I had to tell JTAlert not to send the last QSO. Once that was unchecked, everything worked fine.

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021, 9:52 AM Rick via groups.io <rick.tyo=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have it setup that when I run WSJT-X and HRD, my QSOs log automatically to the HRD Logbook. It works fine. But when I add JTAlert to the mix, I get a duplicate log entry in HRD Logbook with an invalid time stamp. (Then I have to open that entry in HRD Logbook and delete it.) What settings do I need to change to get JTAlert to stop sending duplicate log entries with invalid time stamps?

--
Ron