locked Re: Problem with JTAlert 2.16.17

Michael Black

Got him fixed -- change him over to 224.0.0.1 on 2237 to loopback device.

Working fine now.

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 03:44:18 PM CST, Laurie, VK3AMA <hamapps.support@...> wrote:

On 25/02/2021 8:21 am, Norman Heyen wrote:
> Thank you for your input but no success. Nothing appears in the
> JTAlert window. After these changes, now versions 2.16.10 no longer
> works either. It should have been a simple upgrade but seems to have
> eliminated JTAlert from being useful.
> Will uninstall it and try again at some point. But ham radio is a
> hobby, not a vocation. Trying to track down some obscure problem is
> what I did for decades and it is no longer fun.
> Thanks to all for attempting to help but I am done with JTAlert for now.
> Norman

Clearly, more than a JTAlert upgrade has occurred. What other changes
did you make to your software at the time you first upgraded JTAlert?

In previous messages you mentioned DXLab. That could be the issue.

If Multicast UDP doesn't work and unicast is not working, the likely
culprit is that you are trying to use DXLab Spotcollector configured to
work with WSJT-X directly. SpotCollector doesn't support Multicast and
if it is started before JTAlert, it will take exclusive control of the
UDP port (2237 by default), thus preventing JTAlert from receiving
decodes from WSJT-X. Try starting JTAlert and WSJT-X before starting the
DXLab components (Commander is fine).

There may be some evidence in your JTAlert session files as to what is
happening. Please use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main
JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.