locked Re: Problem with JTAlert 2.16.17

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 25/02/2021 8:21 am, Norman Heyen wrote:
Thank you for your input but no success. Nothing appears in the JTAlert window. After these changes, now versions 2.16.10 no longer works either. It should have been a simple upgrade but seems to have eliminated JTAlert from being useful.
Will uninstall it and try again at some point. But ham radio is a hobby, not a vocation. Trying to track down some obscure problem is what I did for decades and it is no longer fun.
Thanks to all for attempting to help but I am done with JTAlert for now.
Norman

Clearly, more than a JTAlert upgrade has occurred. What other changes did you make to your software at the time you first upgraded JTAlert?

In previous messages you mentioned DXLab. That could be the issue.

If Multicast UDP doesn't work and unicast is not working, the likely culprit is that you are trying to use DXLab Spotcollector configured to work with WSJT-X directly. SpotCollector doesn't support Multicast and if it is started before JTAlert, it will take exclusive control of the UDP port (2237 by default), thus preventing JTAlert from receiving decodes from WSJT-X. Try starting JTAlert and WSJT-X before starting the DXLab components (Commander is fine).

There may be some evidence in your JTAlert session files as to what is happening. Please use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.